Technology and Solutions Architect
The Technology and Solutions Architect role helps ensure that from a technical standpoint clients experience high quality technical development services. The primary function of the role is to provide guidance and oversight for all technical activities that are part of project delivery. In this project support role, the Solutions Architect may be called on to provide architectural designs and/or risk assessments; however, they do not assume direct responsibility for producing project deliverables.
In addition, the Solutions Architect explores and assesses emerging technologies. S/he serves as a thought leader and subject matter expert when it comes to evaluating pros & cons of adopting/implementing new technology.
The Technology and Solutions Architect will work closely with the following constituents:
Fellow team members
- Initial Project Stand-up
- Initially engages with client to understand application objectives (Management of non-functional requirements, architecture definition and evaluation, technology selection)
- Provides technology selection guidance if required
- Reviews any existing architecture and code with an eye toward identifying risks
- Conducts a risk analysis and provides suggested changes or improvements to architecture and/or code
- Ensures adoption of best practices by the project development team
- Ongoing Projects
- Conducts code reviews of project team output
- Ownership of the bigger picture
- Coaching, Mentoring, Leadership
- Provides guidance and solutions to technical problems encountered by the project team
- Signs-off on all architectural designs/decisions for their assigned projects
- If required creates proof of concept code to aid the project team
- Provides mentorship and guidance to Tinker-Box* participants
- Guides participants in their selection of technologies
- Provides architectural assessments
- Provides feedback on code delivered
- Company wide
- Mentors more junior members by sharing knowledge/wisdom gained by their experience
- Identifies blogging topics
- Provides skeleton content for blogs
- Works with tech writer to finalize blog posts
* Tinker-Box / Mistral's technical vacation concept where employees can spend a week researching a desired topic to further their knowledge and interests.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience applying standard architectures and patterns within solution designs.
- Experience developing Solution Architectures.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and design practices.
- Knowledge of Cloud hosting environments and platforms (AWS, Azzure).
- Knowledge of integration techniques.
- Knowledge of database design and database management systems.
- Minimum of 10 years of software development and/or support experience at an enterprise level.
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle Management techniques.
- Experience in product and vendor evaluation and technology rollout.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills at project stakeholder level.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Relevant industry certification desirable.
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques, tools and requirements gathering.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and design practices.
- Knowledge of various hosting environments and platforms.
- Dynamic and knowledge- sharing working environment
- Unique culture where you are highly valued and appreciated
- Challenging projects
- Work- life balance
- Competitive package
- Remote work
- Gym membership allowance
- Team building activities
- Game room
- In-house 1 to1 English coaching
- Specific technology practice groups
- Spark UP: You have an idea? We have the means.
- Tinker Box: 5 paid days off your project to research a technology you are interested in
- Lunch and Learn: Biweekly know-how sharing over lunch
- Fresh fruit, hot beverages and snacks at all times