1. WHEN IS THE NEXT INTERNSHIP CYCLE VIA GIGI’S SCHOOL OF CODING?
We are glad you are interested! The next cycle is scheduled for the beginning of the next year. Our Social media channels are the best way to keep informed of the exact start date. We will start advertising it at least 30 days in advance.
2. GIGI’S SCHOOL OF CODING DURATION; IS IT A FULL-TIME ENGAGEMENT?
Yes. 8 hours a day, 3 months straight (weekends excluded). We promise you will be sad when the internship comes to an end.
Note: The only thing more important than being knowledgeable and experienced is having a strong work ethic and work habits. Our school will definitely enhance these qualities.
3. DO I HAVE TO PAY A FEE IF ACCEPTED?
No. If you qualify and get selected for our internship, you officially become a “Gigijevac”. You are free to help yourself to cookies, fresh fruit and beverages daily. Additionally, you will be able to use Mistral’s game room (pool, table tennis, table soccer etc.) and will be invited to take part in all internal Mistral activities.
However, if you drop out of school at any point before its official end, you are required to pay a penalty fee.
4. WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR MISTRAL’S INTERNSHIP VIA GIGI’S SCHOOL OF CODING?
The application period usually begins 1 month prior to the next internship cycle. All information will be shared on our social media channels and website so keep an eye on these!
5. DO I GET ALLOWANCE WHILE ATTENDING THE SCHOOL?
While at Gigi’s School of Coding, you are working on “mock” projects designed specially to widen your skill-base. They mimic actual projects to prepare you for the real deal, but Mistral has no benefits from the work you do during your internship. So no, you don’t get any allowance money, but yes, you do get an extraordinary experience, free hot beverages, fresh fruit, cookies, access to the game room, participation in all internal Mistral activities etc. It is important to note that you get the best hands-on work experience and knowledge which will give you an excellent insight into IT industry.
6. DO INTERNS GET TO MINGLE WITH THE REST OF THE EMPLOYEES IN MISTRAL AND ATTEND COMPANY EVENTS?
Yes and yes. Every single day, every single event. We love to hang out with our interns and share our jokes and smarts!
7. CAN WE USE THE GAME ROOM AND KITCHEN / MISTRAL'S SOCIAL ZONE?
Absolutely. You can use them 24/7, all 7 days a week!
8. IS GIGI’S SCHOOL OF CODING ONLY FOR DEVELOPERS?
Not really. If you are aspiring to be a UX/UI designer, product owner, quality assurance engineer or want a career in DevOps - our internship program is the right pick for you!
9. IS THE ENTRANCE TEST THE SAME FOR EVERYONE?
Yes. Everyone will be required to solve similar tasks. The tasks aim to check fundamental technical knowledge, ability to learn new things and apply them to problem-solving. The tests help us determine your logical and analytical thinking skills which we believe are essential for a career in IT.
10. I AM LOOKING FOR A CHANGE IN CAREER, BUT DO NOT HAVE A BACKGROUND IN IT, CAN I APPLY?
Sure, we have had students who were self-taught and who ended up getting a job. If you have a good analytical way of thinking and show that you have already taken steps to develop your IT skills, you are welcome to apply.
11. HOW MANY PEOPLE GET ACCEPTED?
Everyone is welcome to apply. However, we want our interns to get enough attention, which means the number of interns is limited. We accept up to 12 interns.
12. HOW DO I APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP POSITION?
Once the application period starts (1 month prior to Gigi’s School of Coding), you will be able to submit your CV and Motivational letter in a designated form through our website.
13. WHAT LANGUAGE ARE THE CLASSES IN?
Since our client base is from the English speaking world, this internship is a fantastic opportunity for you to get the real experience of an English speaking environment. You will have an English language coach to help you along.
14. WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER APPLYING?
Candidates who made it through the first selection part will be invited for an interview and technical test.
Note: Since all our correspondence is in English, this interview/ test will also be in English.
15. HOW CAN I COORDINATE FULL TIME AT SCHOOL WITH MY UNIVERSITY LECTURES OR EXAMS?
We support your formal education. Because of that, our students are able to attend their exams but need to notify the teaching staff in advance. As far as university lectures are concerned, if you have a full schedule, it is wiser to wait for the next round of our internship.
16. WHEN WILL THE TEST/ INTERVIEW TAKE PLACE?
The test and interview will take place, at least, two weeks before the beginning of Gigi’s School of Coding.
17. WHAT ARE THE MAIN CRITERIA FOR EVALUATING CANDIDATES?
Technical skills (technical test results); English skills (interview) and the candidate’s personality (interview).
Note: Candidates will be expected to know the basics of Objective-oriented Programming and Software development process. Besides that, the more you know - the better!
18. WHAT AREAS WILL BE COVERED DURING GIGI’S SCHOOL?
Every new Gigi’s School of Coding internship gets an improvement. We do not like to lag being the latest trends but also appreciate the power of having brilliant OOP foundations. During the 12 weeks, interns are tutored in the following fields:
- Database design
- Programming techniques ASP.NET (C#)
- English essentials (communication and presentation skills)
- Web design
- Unit tests (development side)
- E2E tests (QA process and Automation testing)
- Agile methodology and project management
- Teamwork, collaboration and corporate culture
19. DO WE USE OUR OWN LAPTOPS AND ARE THERE ANY PREFERRED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?
Yes, you use your own laptops, and yes there are some requirements in order for you to have a flawless performance: SQL Server Express 2016, SQL management studio 2016 Express, visual studio 2017 community version, 4GB RAM minimum, i3 processor at least and SSD disk if possible. It would also be useful to have nodeJS installed as preparation for Protractor and Gulp.
20. WHO ARE THE MENTORS?
Head of education – Sulejman Ćatibušić
English Coach – Ćamila Kubura
Project Manager Coach (PM)
Quality Assurance Coach (QA engineer)
Web application Coach (UI/UX designer)